Wednesday, November 21, 2007

On the issue of "spamming"

I have been accused by Larz and a commenter of "spamming" Larz' board. Frankly, I don't understand how that is possible considering any post I make over at the board is deleted by Larz within a minute or two. If daring to be critical of some of the stuff Larz does is "spamming" then I suppose I am guilty.

What people DON'T realize, however, is that Larz (or perhaps Blowtorch) HAS definitely spammed me in the past. When Crimson Cage (AKA Blowtorch) first unjustly banned me from his site (something he later admitted was wrong in a private email exchange), I emailed his account using a hotmail account. This was the first and only usage of that particular account that I had ever made. Within a couple of days after emailing Crimson Cage, I suddenly got signed up for about a million different sites under the name Mappo, Mappo de Crappo, Mapoko, etc. Some of the sites were sort of funny (the San Diego Gay and Lesbian Club, the Bucky Covington Fan Club) but most of them were just lame. However, the spam was so much as to render my email account basically unusable.

My suspicion is that Blowtorch shared our private emails with Larz. I suspect Larz was behind the spamming because many of the "nicknames" he used to sign me up under were names I have only seen him use in the past (Crappo, Mappo de Crappo, etc.)

Anyway, despite the accusations levied my way, I think it is important to realize that either Larz or Blowtorch are definite spammers.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spam is to "blanket Usenet groups or private e-mail boxes with indiscrimination, unsolicited messages".

That is exactly what you do. If you posted one insulting message every now and then it'd be one thing, but I've seen your messages one after the other on his board before he gets the chance to delete it and it's incredibly annoying for those of us who enjoy the board. Beleive it or not most people who frequent the board like it. Unlike you, who apparently does not like it but goes there often anyway. Makes no sense. Just like your posts. I'm always happy when Larz deletes them.

Have a great holiday season. Maybe Santa will bring you compassion.

Mappo said...

Since Larz' message board is not Usenet nor is it a private email box, I definitionally am NOT spamming. If, as I suspect, Larz signed me up for all of those unsolicited messages to my private email box, then he most definitely IS a spammer.

"I've seen your messages one after the other on his board before he gets the chance to delete it."

The above statement by you is a lie. I can't recall the last time I posted more than one consecutive post on Larz' message board before it was deleted. Put up or shut up. Name me a time within the last two years where I posted more than once before it was deleted.

Anonymous said...

When you post stuff like "Larz and Cage eat each other out" on Blabbin Cabin and Larz's board, that is spamming. It may not be a technical definition... but low and behold, it's still spamming!

Mappo said...

I challenge you to tell me WHEN I posted such stuff over at Blabbin Cabin. I unequivocally deny posting that gay stuff. Whether you agree with my posts or not, I have the balls to post under one name....and that name is Mappo.

Mappo said...

With the intent of being completely honest, I should note ONE exception to the statement above. In the immediate aftermath of my unjust banning at Blabbin Cabin, I was pretty pissed off. I made a brief series of posts on the Blabbin Cabin with such statements as "Crimson and Larz are butt buddies."

The posts were satire and meant in jest. When I posted them, I used my screen name (Mappo) as I ALWAYS do.

That being said, even though my banning was unjust (and Crimson has since admitted as much), what I posted was wrong and not the mature way to handle things. And for that, I am sorry.

The OTHER posts by someone named "The Discusser" were NOT made by me.